Search for a law firm
May, 24 2019
May, 10 2019
The Key Employee Initiative Launched - A Fast Tracked Single Permit Scheme
Published by: Gauci-Maistre Xynou
Identity Malta Agency launched the Key Employee Initiative (KEI) providing a fast-tracked service to highly-specialized Third-Country Nationals who are employed in Malta. The scheme will facilitate the issuing of work/residence permits to prospective key employees within five working days from the date of submission of the applications.
Who is eligible to apply?
The KEI is applicable to managerial or highly-technical posts which require the relevant qualifications or adequate experience related to the job being offered. Applicants have to provide information to the Expatriates Unit within Identity Malta to confirm the following eligibility conditions:
· Annual gross salary of at least €30,000 per annum;
· Certified copies of the relevant qualifications, warrants or the necessary work experience;
· Declaration by the employer stating that the applicant has the necessary credentials to perform the duties being assigned;
· Purchase or rent a property situated in Malta.
The KEI is also extended to innovators involved in start-up projects which are specifically endorsed by the Malta Enterprise.
What is the application procedure to be followed?
Applications for a single permit under the KEI may be submitted while the applicant is physically in Malta or still abroad.
Upon approval, successful applicants will be granted a residence permit valid for one (1) year, which may be subsequently renewed for a maximum period of three (3) years, subject to the following support criteria continue to be satisfied, namely:
· a valid definite or indefinite contract; and
· the original annual tax declaration form stamped by the Inland Revenue Department.
Find out how can GMX help?