Vacancy Corporate Lawyer Associate
Gauci-Maistre Xynou (GMX Law Firm) is a dynamically developing Greco-Maltese law firm having its head office in Malta. Due to the increase in work and the expansion process being undertaken by GMX, the firm is currently looking to recruit a corporate lawyer to join its Valletta office on a full-time basis.
The Corporate Lawyer, who will be reporting to Partners, will be working with both the firm’s legal team from different jurisdictions as well as the financial services team. The successful candidate will be requested to show initiative, take on certain responsibilities within the firm and will immediately be given the opportunity to further advance their career within the law firm.
– Providing legal advice and legal opinions;
– Drafting, revising, negotiating and concluding agreements;
– Assist with drafting / preparation of corporate documentation such as M&As, resolutions, MFSA forms, minutes of board meetings, etc.
– Assist with the review of agreements, forms or any other legal documentation;
– Assist with all corporate ventures such as incorporation, mergers, acquisitions, share transfers, corporate due diligence, licensing, etc.
– Liaising directly with the Maltese Registrar of Companies, and other national and international governmental authorities;
– Ensuring the legality of business practices;
– Assist with reporting requirements to local and overseas regulatory authorities, including those regulating anti-money laundering procedures;
-Ad hoc compliance and legal projects / duties as may be required from time to time;
-Drafting of Court applications;
-Provide training both in-house and to third parties in related sectors
-Undertaking any ad hoc projects, if required.
– University degree in law (LL.B / LL.D) and a Member of the Maltese Bar Association; a Master’s degree (LL.M) will be considered advantageous.
– A minimum of 5 years of corporate law experience, preferably in the financial services sector;
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills both in Maltese and English, whilst other languages will be considered advantageous;
– IT literate, with experience of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database management and other major software applications;
– Ability to deal with a multi-cultural work environment and client base;
– Keen to develop his/her experience through training, qualification and continuing professional development;
– Strong interpersonal and organisational skills and ability to perform under pressure.
Good to Have:
– Court experience will be considered advantageous
Get in touch and let’s discuss further! Send your CV on email@example.com